Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Leg Bruising For No Reason No Pain

A Swiss passes 300 days on a desert island

Xavier Rosset decided to isolate this period and survive without food and shelter.
With just a couple of knives and a baby pig as a company, a Swiss adventurer has remained voluntarily in a deserted Pacific island for 300 days. image
The place chosen by the Swiss was Tofua, a volcanic island of 64 square kilometers where in addition to pigs, there is only coconuts, lakes and rainforest, as published by The Daily Telegraph.
His luggage consisted of a knife, a machete and a video camera to shoot his 10-month adventure, of which his team will make a documentary this year.
The challenge was relearning natural survival skills that people have forgotten city. "At first it was very difficult. I had to find food, build me a shelter, learn to fish, everything, "the newspaper recounts.
During the first two months, Rosset, lost nearly 18 kilos of body fat that had been stored prior to the project, and was until he discovered how to catch wild pigs on the island when they could keep their weight stable.
Then he found his only friend, the "baby pig." "I could not eat because I did not have enough meat, so I took it with me and stayed for three months. It was like a dog and followed me everywhere, "he says.
After eight months on the island managed to adapt to the constraints it was not used. In his blog recounts her experience step on the island. "I spent most of the day doing nothing, looking at the vast ocean or the butterflies of the place. I had enough food, so you can say I felt like my home, "he says.

Technorati Tags: curiosities

0 comments:

Post a Comment